Tryouts are an opportunity for young athletes to be placed in one of the Olympiacos Soccer School Chicago teams. Whether you are brand new to soccer or a "veteran", we invite you to come and join us! Tryouts are open to everyone and run by our USSF qualified coaching staff.
The philosophy governing the operation of our soccer school is the following:
- The proper sports and social education of the young athletes in conformity with the values and principles of Olympiacos Football Club
- The provision of adequate information and support to parents who have a very important role in the formation of the young athlete's personality
- The training of the schools' executives in accordance with the Olympiacos FC Academy's operational standards
To determine the dates, time and location of the tryout session to attend, refer to the table provided below:
|2013 - Dates & Times
|3:30 to 4:30pm / May 31 – Ages: High School
5:30 to 7:00pm / June 11, 13 – Ages: U7-U9
5:30 to 7:00pm / June 11, 13 – Ages: U10-U13
|Maine East High School
2601 W. Dempster Street
Park Ridge, Illinois 60068
|4:45 to 6:15pm / June 10, 12 – Ages: U7-U9
6:15 to 7:45pm / June 10, 12 – Ages: U10-U13
3415 Book Road
Naperville, Illinois 60564
To determine the correct age group in which to tryout, refer to our age chart calculator!
To register your child for tryouts (no cost), please complete the following steps:
- ALL try-out participants must REGISTER online by 12:00pm prior to their first scheduled age group tryout date.
- Please click on the new player REGISTRATION link here to begin the registration process (registration reserves a spot for your child to participate in tryouts).
- Click on the GO button under the "New Player or Returning Player - Don't Have User Account" section.
- In Step 1, you will be asked a series of questions. Please ensure that you fill out as much information as you can as this will only help aid the registration process.
- In Step 2, click on the + sign next to [Add Player] to add all the information about your child (you will need to do this for each of your children).
- In Step 3, fill out the player information.
- In Step 4, if some answers don't apply to you just type None.
- Determine the appropriate tryout sessions for your child's age group (see the tryout schedule and age charts below) and enter that in the comments section.
- It is highly recommended that players attend both sessions.
- Uniform sizes are not needed for the tryouts but are here for future reference. We recommend you choose a size larger as uniforms are kept for a period of two years (next uniform cycle is September 1, 2013).
- After Step 5, you will have the opportunity to add more players, if not continue to Step 7.
- In Step 7, review the information you provided. You must select the Register button at the bottom of the form to Save the information!
NOTE: Once registered you can access the system to make changes by visiting the Olympiacos Chicago Registration site.
- Check-in 45 minutes prior to the start of the first tryout session to complete registration process where a tryout number will be assigned.
- Tryouts will be held in light rain conditions but never when there is lightning. If in doubt, we will post rain out or cancellations on our FIELD STATUS section on our home page.
- Players should bring a ball, water bottle, and wear soccer attire (white jersey, black shorts, and red socks preferred) including shin guards.
- After teams have been announced, players selected to join a team will receive an email with additional information and instructions on how to complete the team registration process, and to make payment for the Club Membership Fees.