Welcome to the Micro Soccer League!
The Micro Soccer League provides an opportunity for kids to play soccer in the age groups 4-7 years old. Our objective is to foster in each child love for the beautiful game in a relaxed, non-competitive environment. Emphasis is on teaching the true basics, FUN-damental soccer skills, sportsmanship, and team play. This program is not about winning and losing games. Players should be given as many touches on the ball as possible in both practice and games. Small-sided games, such as 3v3 for U5 and U6 and 5v5 for U7 and U8, allow this to happen. Our goal is to develop a love for the game, skills at all player positions and assist each child to reach their best potential.
Teams, coach assignments (our professional coaches will be assigned to teams) games schedules, and standings will be posted on our Micro Soccer League Schedules & Standings page.
Policies, Session and Fee Information
- The Micro Soccer League is open to all children. No previous knowledge of soccer is required.
Please see table below for league details. A minimum of 5 players for U5-U6, and a minimum of 8 players for U7-U8 per team is required. Each game is 40 minutes in length (2×20 minute halfs).
Please browse through the various tabs here to familiarize yourself with our league details.
Enrollment is limited and handled on a first-come, first-served basis.
Every child must bring water or sports drink , a size 3 soccer ball, wear shin guards and indoor/outdoor (depending on season) soccer shoes for each game.
Can I request a teammate for my player?
MOST DEFINITELY! We try to accommodate teammate requests, but we cannot guarantee that you will get your request; it is first come first serve on requests for teammates. If a team fills up with players that have requested a certain teammate, we will not be able to try to fulfill your request. You may make your request during the registration process below.
- The fee for the Micro Soccer League varies based on the number of games and its location – please see table below for detailed fees.
Location Outdoor Fields ( April to October)
Indoor Fields (November to March)
Hinsdale Veeck Park
The Community House
15 W 8th St
Hinsdale, Illinois 60521
Veeck Park directions Gym is located inside the building Park Ridge Maine East HS
2601 West Dempster
Park Ridge, Illinois 60068
Maine East HS
2601 West Dempster
Park Ridge, Illinois 60068
Our Micro Soccer League for spring/summer/fall (oudoor) is held at the south-west corner of Maine East at the corners of Potter & Mayfield Our Micro Soccer League for winter (indoor) is held at the main gym of Maine East (south parking lot of the building through trophy room doors Plainfield Plainfield Central HS
24120 Fort Beggs Dr
Plainfield, Illinois 60544
Field is located south of Fort Beggs Drive
- Each player will be given a t-shirt as part of the league registration. The player is responsible for purchasing and wearing red shorts and red socks for the games. You can purchase those here: Shorts and Socks (click on each item and a new window will open for you to order).
- Due to Chicago’s unpredictable climates and variable weather patterns, we normally only determine rain-outs within an hour of game time. Because of the ever changing weather, we play through light rain (drizzle) and when the field is damp. We will not play in when there is lightning, heavy rain, if there are standing puddles on the field, or if the field is too muddy. We will send TeamStuff alerts and email notifications for any classes which are cancelled due to weather or other reasons. Rained out games will be re-scheduled depending on availability of fields or we will be adding time to existing games to make up for lost time.
- Games are fully refundable up to the start of the league, less the registration fee ($25). We cannot give refunds after the 4th week of games or for missed games.
- If your child is sick, please do not attend games. Children in our games are in close contact to other children, our coaches and equipment. Germs spread easily and staying healthy is important. Please use your best discretion when bringing your child to games if they are not feeling well.
- In order to show our appreciation, we would like to give back to our current family members who have helped us grow the program since our beginning. We are excited to announce our “Refer-A-Friend” program for every child that you refer to the club, you will receive $15 (Thrylos Tots U4-U7) credited towards your Olympiacos Chicago account (one time only per player).
REGISTRATION FOR FALL 2017 – Micro Soccer League
|$175||10||Park Ridge||Sunday||2:00 pm – 3:00 pm||4-5||19||Register|
|$175||10||Park Ridge||Sunday||3:00 pm – 4:00 pm||6-7||31||Register|
If you are looking for training as well, the Micro Soccer League is a great addition to our already popular Thrylos Tots Training program.