Director of Coaching Niko Mirtsekis began his football career at age of 12 when he entered the soccer academy of Greek professional team, Panionios. He made his debut in the Greek Super League with Panionios on December 3, 1989 and played with them until 1994. He went on to play with AEK Athens (played in the Champions League), Iraklis (played in the UEFA Cup) and Aris. Mr. Mirtsekis also played (1) time with the Greek National team and (10) times with Greece’s U-17 team.
Upon moving to the USA, he played for the Milwaukee Rampage and Rockford Raptors. While living in the USA, he coached youth teams for clubs such as Hinsdale Hurricanes, Barrington Soccer Club, WVSC West Virginia and Concordia University Division 3. He was also the evaluator for the Olympic Development Program (ODP) of Illinois. He once again moved back to Greece in 2009 where he became the coach of Greek Fourth Division club Olympiacos Kefalonias and ran the club’s youth academies for two years.
He returned to the United States and Chicago in August 2011 to head the Olympiacos FC official youth academy and has been here ever since.
- USSF “B” Licence
- NSCAA Youth Diploma
- American Red Cross
- Adult & Pediatric First Aid/CPR/AED
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Heads Up – Concussion In Youth Sports
- Positive Coaching Alliance
- Double-Goal Coach: Coaching for Winning and Life Lessons
- U.S. Center for SafeSport
- Emotional and Physical Misconduct
- Mandatory Reporting
- Sexual Misconduct Awareness
- Olympiacos Football Club
- Coaching Seminar – 2018 (Piraeus, Greece)
Enjoy a special video for Niko Mirtsekis… you guessed it … the one scoring all the goals …